Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Northkeep Populace

Well, I know this is late, considering that Northkeeps populace was Monday and it is Wednesday night now, but such is life.

I made it to Northkeep on time and ready to go. This particular run I got to use my newly upgraded heralds bag. I went to Hobby lobby last weekend and picked up one of the small wooden boxes that look like a hardcover book when its all closed up. Not exactly period, but it made a great place to put my pens and note cards.

I was honestly expecting to sit out this month's meeting, but it looks like Lord Kevin was having a bad time of it, and said he wanted to sit this the meeting out as much as he could. He has been having a bad time with his health of late, and I hope that he's back to full strength soon. As much as I enjoy heralding, I don't like seeing friends or colleagues at less than 100%.

On a more upbeat note, I have something of a student. Lord Talbot The mad has become Kevin's local deputy for voice heralding. While I this is not any official relationship, the chance to tell Talbot about the basics of court and how its handled was a real good thing for me as I have been learning court heraldry and its kin for years, but have always been reluctant to teach it because I never really realized how much I knew.

As for Northkeep itself, the meeting went well, and I enjoyed heralding it.

And something else I have learned that I bet my 'big wig" cousins who cry for the crown might not have picked up on. Before the meeting, I asked for people to come to me if they had business, and told them i would arrange the items in order.

This comes from a bad experience a few months ago. I had never asked what was being done before and wound up having some poor guy have to stand up and offer a tent for sale AFTER the Baron had just got finished talking about some sad local news in the group. I don't know if their is a technical term for that, but where I come from, its called bad timing. I am going to make it a point to try and make sure no one ever has to follow somehting like that again with mundane or funny news.

But other than that the meeting was good, and smooth, just the way they are supposed to be.


Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: