Sunday, December 28, 2008

Loyalities ?

Someone mentioned me to the other day that I spend a fair amount of time on this blog talking about how much I love Narmon and Northkeep.

Their was nothing pointed or accusitory about the comment, they were just making a note about how many times they recall me saying it on this blog.

Well let me just go ahead and throw this out so their is no confusion on the issue.

Mooneschadowe will always be my home, I started there, learned to fight there, learned to herald there, met my wife there and am raising my son there. My hear will always be in Mooneschadowe, and I love them for it every day.

Northkeep had the good graces to welcome me as a freind when i was an outsider, to give me fellowship, encouragement and support. They called me a friend when I didn't diserve it, and gave me freindhsip that I still treasure. I may never consider myself a true memeber of the barony, but their measure of honor, dignity and chivalry are of a caliber that I will always think of as awe inspiring. They will always have a place in my heart, and will always be thought of as family.

Wisenfeuer was the first local gorup for whoom I stood as a titled bard. Theirs is a people who have seen dark times and bright skies, and are tougher for it in the end. their leadership and their populace are capable of great generosity, and have welcomed me, called me neighbor and friend. They give me council, and ask my thoughts, and we share jokes and revelry on occation. Theirs is a place a comradrly, informality, and fun, but also of honor determination.

Namron, whom I dare say lives up to the spirt of its charge, that i s the spinning tornado. But in the occation chaos that seems to color their barony, I find humor, joy, comradary, and fun. I dont necissarily see them living specifically for the ideals of honor, but rather asking themselves how to have fun while increasing their honor at the same time. An interesting take on the SCA I must admit, but one that I have yet to find fault with. Honor is preserved, and more often than not I see Namron's people laughing longer and harder than most others at life's challanges.

So to those who ask where my heart lies; the answer will be Mooneschadowe.

But I ask you, what law of man or God should compell me to choose between four places such as these? All have welcomed me, and I, by the grace of God am called friend in all of them.

I Love Mooneschadowe, but I also Love Northkeep, and Wisenfeuer and Namron.

And I see no reason to change that.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Protege to master Robert Fitzmorgan
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: