Tuesday, February 17, 2015

KA&S Heralds table

Alright, so a few weeks ago I might have mentioned that we should have a herald's consultation table at Mooneschadowe's provincial Games / Kingdom A&S. And I might (maybe) have said I was interested in coordinating the effort.

Yeah, well, once that was set up, I then quickly found myself with my one commitment backing out (he had a sick kid), and a couple of "maybes" from some other heralds. It was going to be an interesting day, no mater how the chips landed. I just had no real idea exactly how that would be.

As it did happen, things were an amazing sort of crazy for the whole day. First of all, I was backed up by the likes of like Northern Regional Herald, Kenneth MacAlister, as well as Andreas von Meissen, Grimolfr Einarsson (Baronial herald of Wiesenfeuer) and HE Tostig Logiosophia, as well as the combined efforts of the "Heralds Point Off-Site Support" Facebook group. What started out looking like a token effort turned into a non-stop heraldic marathon with a steady stream of clients coming in. Some were just starting their heraldry, others had a good working idea of the arms they were after but needed conflict checks. A few were looking to track the progress of active submissions (and Lord, did we have a time tracking one of those down), and a few more were just there to talk shop.

I've never run, or even really helped with a consultation table before, All told I figure I'm kind of spoiled with having such a  good result for my first time, not to mention solid internet access.

I really have to hand it to everyone who showed up. If it wasn't for the help that was there, it would have been a much, much different place, but as it was, the table was a runaway success.

His Lordship Ivo Blackhawk

No comments: