Wednesday, February 12, 2014

and yet even more archery.

So, lets do the bullet point thing, shall we?

  • Got a call from my arrow maker, the order I placed has shipped, meaning I will have my own set of professionally made arrows in time to shoot at gulf. 
  • I went and working with Derega today for close to three hours, fletching the last of the provincial arrows. Not a terribly fast process, and not what I would call "fun" but the company was good, and we were watching a Pairot marathon, compliments of her Netflix account.
These were my last three arrows, fletched and ready to fly.




Derega was working on sealing her personal set while I was watching the fletching glue dry.

I think this was the third or fourth one I did. It was something of a learning curve for me.



These are the group arrows, all seven dozen of them. Note the different paint jobs on the shafts, compliments of several different people.
 
 
When my first attempt didn't turn out so well, Derega stepped in.
 
 
And a little bit of heraldry here; while Derega's official armory is still being worked through the college of heralds, she used some of the elements of the design to personalize her own personal set.
 


Some of the detail is lost in the photo, but you can get a good idea of the work she put in. She had a full dozen of these, each one with this design.


And her arms, for reference.




And last, but certainly not least;
  • I spoke with Derega today, and she officially took me on as a deputy archery marshal for the province. The goal here is the train me so that I can apply to take over the role of marshal when she departs in the fall after graduating college.


Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God save the King!"

No comments: