Monday, February 24, 2014

breaking in the gear

Finally got to go out and test fire my bow and my news shafts this past weekend. Lots of fun, and  a little blood (no glove on a classic longbow means fletchings and hand meet in all the wrong ways).

Derega tried her hand at my longbow, which was the only chance I got to photograph the thing in action. You can get a good idea of the weapon's scale and shape in this photo. 

Lucky catch with this shot, you can see the arrow just before it leaves the bow.
I think this was one of the shots that crew blood

All in all, it was a good say, we each shot our personal sets a few times, then put each of the province's loaner gear through it's paces. Between us, we shot all 7 dozen arrows at least one. I got kind of lazy and dint' get enough photos of the shooting, but trust me, we punished the targets sufficiently between us.

Anyway, it was a good say all told. I'm just sorry I didn't get more photos of the targets after we peppered them with arrows.









Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God save the King!"

No comments: