Friday, May 23, 2008

Opening and Closings

Well, this past weekend was rather eventful. Mundanely, my parents payed for myself, my wife and son to fly out to Virginia and see my sister's graduation. I got back on a Monday I don't think I was off of the airplane in Tulsa more than an hour when My wife walked up to me and said "Honey, did you know that Northkeep's populace meeting is tonight?"

Somewhere between the string of profanities and unintelligible utterance, I decided that I was already in Tulsa, so attending was a forgone conclusion. Though I was so tired, and so spent from the trip and the flight back that I just decided to go in mundanes and not bother with garb of any kind.

Something important did happen at the meeting, however. Lord Talbot handled the Heralding for the meeting, and did a speculator job of it. Kevin was standing next to him the whole time, and I can only guess what specific items they spoke about, but I must say that Talbot handled himself well, and I see more than enough skill there to learn and master the ropes of court heraldry.

At the end of the meeting, I spoke with Her Excellency Kalandra, as well as Talbot and Kevin. Their was nothing official said, and nothing as formal was ever expressed by anyone. But I told them all that It looks like Northkeep has someone from their own ranks who not only wants to herald, but wants to learn the ropes.

Its probably time for me to step back and help where I can, but also let Northkeep build up its own heraldry corps again.

Northkeep is part of the triad that has helped to make me a regional player, and my work with them is far, far from over. I'll be there for them if they need, but part of being a herald is stepping back and letting the less experienced learn from the jobs you already know how to do.

In other avenues, I got word today that several people from up here in the north want to attend my heralding classes, but can't make it to either Texas Event that I'll be teaching at.

Other options appear, and more opportunities present themselves.

This is what I wanted, and this is what I am working for.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: