Friday, September 12, 2008

Something to think on.

Well, with Mooneschadowe Triumph coming up, I'm going to be taking a stab at managing overall event heralding for the event, a new thing for me. I'm confident I can do it, I just need to make sure I don't get too many people mad at me.

However, looking back at the past nine months-I started this blog in January-I have noticed something; While I set out to be a better court herald, and I still do want to be a better court herald, I have noticed that while people can name really good Court heralds, its hard to name any really prominent site or list heralds.

I've already made a name for myself doing that, people across the northeast of Ansteorra already know me and know what I can do. In other words, within the list and site heralding worlds, I am the bigwig for the north.

Part of me *does* want to leave it there. I'm the authority, the big guy, the best...whatever you want to call it.

But what's the point then. I'm good, but I'm only one person, if I get sick, hurt, have to move away... then the next people in line have to start from scratch just like I did.

Like I said *part* of me wants to soak up the idea that I am the best at something.
But that's not what I'm all about. I'm all about teaching, doing, leading... and learning as well.

I still want to be a court herald. But the more I think about it, the more I think that the north needs a a bunch of really good list and site heralds more than they need another court herald.

I'm not giving up on my dream, not by a long shot.

But if I'm in this for kingdom and the north, than addressing what is needed now is more important than what I want for myself.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: