Thursday, September 18, 2008

um... WOW!

Okay...

Let it never be said that God doesn't have a sense of humor.

First, let me set the stage for this so you get the full effect.

I've been trying to reach the Prince and Princess for weeks to see who their herald is. I have to know for two reasons; 1) I'm the herald in charge at the event, so I need to make sure their herald has anything that he needs. and 2) I hoped that I could get some backup heralding time in fopr me and the few court heralds up here who might like the chance to call a Royal court.

Let me be clear, I am the herald in charge, so even if Gunther came up with his own staff who turned around and say, "we don't need anything", I was going to have a full few days ahead of me. As much as I would have loved to herald even a few lines of a royal court, I knew better than to ask, I have my obligations already.

So...

Today (its Thursday, I just actually posted this after the event) I went out to site with my wife to set up out Tent so that their was that much less to do on Friday night. I got back late (long story), and didn't check my e-mail until close to 11:30 PM.

Imagine my reaction when I read the following (Link Added).

"Ivo,

I've been trying (and failing) to line up a herald for the Prince and Princess at Moonshadow this weekend. Would you like to do their court? I've recommended you for it if you'd like to.

Cordially,

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin"

If ever their was a slack-jawed moment for me, this was one of them...in spades.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: