Monday, January 25, 2010

King's Round Table

Well, I must say that King's round table is a whole new experience when you are a regional officer. I know this is technically my second such round-table, but last time I had officially been in the office all of three days. Now, I'm coming to it after six months in office.

For starters, weather I wanted to or not, I am now on the seeming cutting edge of a curriculum modification for new heraldic officers. The Herald's Warranting class was always a lot of material, but after HLTadhg  was done reorganizing the class, we had 4 pages worth of typed material, and that was barely able to fit into two hours worth of class.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that I was the one teaching that class. Yep, I managed to fumble my way through my first herald's warranting class without breaking any major laws or sencabilities. That's not to say that the class was flawless... no no, far from it. A lot could have gone better, I admit. But again, the people who were there did get what they needed to get, and they took home enough paperwork to fill in the gaps (I hope, anyway).

But yeah, when that was over, Tadhg and I kind of mutually agreed that the class needed to be shorter, and split into two parts. I didn't hear Star voice an opinion one way or the other on the subject, but right now, I am glad to operate under the "in silence there is consent" model of administration (see me crossing fingers and toes on that one, especially since she is one of the more regular readers of this blog).

Without going into too much detail, I am glad to say that I able to mend a bridge I between myself and a Landed hat. It would be foolish of me to detail the conversation, but I can say that I took something critical away from it. No mater how mad you are at someone, concentrating on common goals is always the best bridge builder.

And to be clear, I currently hold the landed noble in question in high regard, and have no ill feelings over the previous clash.

And on  a side note, I will probably refrain from using the acronym "GOofS" when referring to the Greater officers of state. This is old news, but I was more or less told that the short version was highly disrespectful, and I was told as much by someone who just has a penchant for making lives miserable is they so choose. Consequently, I am just going to give up and say "Great Officers", a personal practice I was making good use of this past weekend.

The College of Herald's open meeting was certainly interesting. I can't say that I agreed with all opinions given, or that my ideas were necessarily met with universal approval either, but it was amazingly informative. I must admit that there were definitely some varied opinions on some situations, but variety only makes things interesting, I must say.

Aside from that, most of the goings on for the day were administrative, and likewise necessary but largely boring.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Protege to Master Robert Fitzmorgan
Nordsteorra Herald
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

Google Voice - (405) 385-9214

No comments: