Thursday, July 11, 2013

"Foot Notes"

After having it suggested to me by a friend, I have decided to make a second version of my upcoming road heraldry manual. This one will be in the style of the modern "Cliff's notes" books, with only the essential highlights of how to site herald. More or less, the idea is to give a rookie something he can reasonably use in a "you have 20 minutes to learn this job" type scenario. And honestly, this is not unreasonable, as a lot of site heralds are short-timers, asked to help, but not really interested in making it a long term skill. This is okay, Site heraldry is a labor of love, and I love it for that fact. But still, short term or not, there are ways of making this easier on people without obligating them to hours of training.

So, in honor of the "Cliff's notes" reference that I have decided to title my booklet "Foot Notes: a guide to road heraldry"

This, and my larger project are at my website if you want to follow.


Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God save the King!"

No comments: