Saturday, July 5, 2008

Populace heraldry and whatnot.

Well, I guess its safe to say that my populace heraldry options are few and far between. Not that I'm Complaining. I seriously doubt that my eight years of calling pop meetings at Mooneschadowe will just fade away from a few months of disuse. With Talbot called the Northkeep populace meeting, and Elsa rotating between Mooneschadowe's three or four qualified heralds, my traditional venues are rather taken. I never really had a chance to call a Wiesenfeuer pop meeting, and Namron... well I'll get to them in a minute.

But again, I'm not complaining. I kind of take partial credit for training Talbot, though I know that Kevin deserves the lion's share of that reward. And for a long list of reasons, I don't ask to herald Mooneschadowe's meetings, though mostly to make room for others to get the same experience that I did.

I don't know for sure, But I think its safe to say that his excellency Ian hasn't take any more flack for letting an outside herald Northkeep's meetings. Frankly, I would not be surprised if part of his motive for letting me in was just to goad some of the locals into stepping up to the plate. And Ian, if you are reading this, trust me, I'm smiling at the thought. A group should have its own heralds, and I'm sure Ian knows that as well as I do.

However, thats not to say that my abilities as a herald are wasting away. Lady Adelheid, the new Namron Herald and Sarait Inghean Beathain, the new Skarrgard herald are both conspiring to get some Heraldry meetings going between the two groups, and both of them were eager to ask me to come down and teach, so I'm still more than able to make good on my self appointed mandate of teaching.


Lord Ivo Blackhawk

Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"God Save the King!"

No comments: