Sunday, July 27, 2008

Signed, Sealed and delievered.

Well, I knew crown tournament would be a chance to personal heraldry, so I decided to ham it up a little. I borrowed a page from Lord Brian's class at this years heraldic and Scribal symposium. I got some good paper, as well as some ribbon and a few black candles and did really nice looking wax seals. The real kicker was my using the site token-a pewter coin--as a wax insignia seal.

All in all, it was a good thing. I heralded Pete, Vlad, Aldric and Randal lee before their Majesties The letters looked really cool, and with a good script written out, I was happy with how they went over. HL Vara-Pete's Lady-at first said was I going overboard, but after it was all done, she said it came togeather well, so I was glad for it.

Randal lee was a last minute deal, he literally flagged me down just as he and his lady were heading up, evidently their herald went MIA at the last minute, and didn't make it back in time, so I had to wing it. I wasn't thrilled with the result, but for a 'wing it' I wasn't unhappy.

Then, well, things go a little backwards with the event and I wound up being drafted into list heralding. It was kind of last minute, and my one major complaint was that I was in a black shirt in 100+ degree heat. But I stayed hydrated and stuck with it for a round. All in all, it went well; Count Gunther prevaled at the end of the day. And despite the heat, thing worked out.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: