Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Paint and arrows

So, tonight Lady Derega, Lady Liliana, myself and my son all congregated to work some more on arrows. It wasn't what I call a terribly fast pages effort, but it was good conversation, and good time spent with Derega acting as host to the evening's activities.

The major effort tonight was painting sets of a dozen arrows so that the set matches. I took first crack at it, and got to learn the ins and outs of the rig that had been assembled by a Namron archer from wood and the cannibalized parts of a sewing machine. the question wasn't so much one of period as noticeable, which is what I was aiming for.

In the interim, Derega worked on the fletching chopper, readying white/white/red sets, and I Liliana did both for a while before the work meeting came to a close.

Liliana was halfway through her set when thing wrapped up. I managed to get my dozen complete, however, and this is what some of them looked like as they were resting up against the wall to dry.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God save the King!"

No comments: