Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fair of the Harvest

Well, its good to be back. I took my son and we day-tripped fair of the harvest yesterday, out at Will Rodger's Boy Scout Camp. My wife stayed home, she needed a break from life and I was glad to give it to her.

As far as Heraldry went, I didn't do a single, solitary thing. I wanted...and NEEDED... a break of my own. And much to my good fortune, the Event Steward, a good friend of mine, was totally on top of things and had a ready supply of heralds and herald type people to help her run the event. So thing's went over smashingly well.

I, on the other hand, spent most of the vent chasing my son (age 3) around and talking with friends. I must admit, the cold air seems to have done something of a number on my throat, but I'll live.

Overall, it was a good event, and according to the Steward, they beat their break-even, and sold all of their feasts, so it was a good event and it made money...

Always good things!

And on a side note, I was pleased to discover that the 9-year-old daughter of a good friend of mine is now the adult bardic champion of the Canton of Chemin Noir. The Bardic competition last night was evidently a challanging format that she met head on, and bested all others in a very well regulated, point-based judging system.

At court she got to stand in between between the rapier and the heavy champion so that she was standing between the two thrones and could see out to the audience. It was rather cute, I must admit.

Congradulations to her, and I hope she is now up to the challange of being a titled champion for the next year.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Protege to Master Robert Fitzmorgan
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: