Monday, November 10, 2008

Winterkingdom... and Food

Whoever said the fastest way to a man's heart was his stomach probably knew human nature pretty well.

I'm set to teach three hours worth of classes at Northkeep's Winterkingdom in December, and I wanted to host two roundtables, one for bardic, and one for Heraldry.

Well, the preliminary list of classes had enough Heraldry in its own right that I really didn't want to add another hour block to conflict with everyone else, especially with something like a round table where I really think everyone should have the option of coming since its, well... a round table; the more the merrier.

My solution came from the bards, of all places. Lady Lilana Barnes made a comment that we should host the Bardic round table early in the morning (first class slot) and have breakfast with it.

I thought that was a pritty cool idea, and ran with it. One of the things I normally HATE about first hour class slots is the fact that they have poor atendance. But I think Lilana hit the nail on the head, food might up attendance enouigh to make it worth doing.

So... how does this apply to heralds?

The middle of the day is the one hour lunch break. And they usually serve a tavern then.

i figured, what the hell...We can have a lunchtime roundtable dicsussion , and let eveyone bring their food to the conversation. That way I'm no conflicting with another class, and eveyrone gets to eat. Truight be told, it will probaly be really short, we will probably loose a good 15 to 20 minutes with people just getting food, but still, that leaves a good fourty minutes of conversation that dosn't distract from the rest of the event.

It looks good on paper, I just hope it pans out.

Now I have to figure out what in the heck I am doing for breakfast food for that Bardic Roundtable.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Protege to Master Robert Fitzmorgan
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"



No comments: