Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sick and tired.

Well, I normally don't want to want to get into too much detail about my personal life on this blog, but at this rate, their is a point where you just say "What the hell".

About 18 months ago now, give or take I started to get really tired really easily. After that, it went from just being tired to starting to look jaundice. If you don't know what that is, Wikipedia it.

Well, after dealing with an idiot doctor (and I'm not kidding, this guy was 100% moron grade in how he dealt with me), I finally find another doctor who was willing to actually try and find out what was wrong with me.

Well, that was about a year ago now, and things aren't exactly better yet.

The layman's explanation is that my immune system has done haywire, and it is attacking my red blood cells. This means that my body isn't getting enough oxygen because Red blood cells are what move O2 from the Lungs to the body itself. This was why I was getting tired.

Anyway, the treatment for this is prednizone, a steroid that supresses the imuse system, and pritty much messes with your body overall while its at it.

The short version of the story is that on top of the personality issues (which really manifest themselves at home more than anywhere else) I am constantly hungry (even when i am actually full) and my legs are now constantly under threat of massive cramps, like the type that require me to get out of bed at 3 in the monrning and streatch out a full blown charly horse for twenty minutes. This all on top of the fact that my red blood cell count is low enouigh that if I stand up suddenly, I get really, light headed, and when you stand six foot four, light headed is not a good experience.

Overall, its not a fun existance.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying this for sympathy. Beelvie me, I dont need sympathy. I just am sick and tired of smiling and telling people, "Oh it was just a long week at work" when I see them at events and I look like I got run vover by a heard of spampeeding horses.

Sigh....

The situation is not static, and their is a course of action, but like everything else about this damned situation...its taking its own sweet time to unfold.

Ivo Blackhawk
Protege to Master Robert Fitzmorgan
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: