Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Upcoming: Ansteorrian Heraldic and Scribal Symposium

Well, I filled out a form yesterday to teach two classes at the Ansteorrian Heraldic and Scribal Symposium. The first is going to be my list heraldry class. List heraldry isn't hard, but it is arguably one of the most marketable skills in the society, so just about anyone can learn it. So if someone wants to help out, they should learn how to list herald. I managed to teach it to a class of three people in just over thirty five minutes at Northkeep's Winterkingdom, so I figured that an hour long class will be a good slot for it.

The second class is my site heraldry class. This one took every bit of seventy five minutes at Winterkingdom, and that was with me hustling. Hopefully they the class administrator can give me a two hour slot like I requested.

I'm sure some people think that I should be able to cover everything they ever needed to know about site heraldry in five minutes. But after doing it for just shy of nine years, I think I can say that their is more to it than being loud and walking a lot. But the good news is that the two people
(yes two, all of the classes were averaging low that year) who took the class at Winter Kingdom said that it was an excelent class and they both said that it was one of the better ones they had taken that day.

So, at least I know I'm not blowing smoke for two hours.

Also on my roster of things to do for the event, attend court heraldry classes as much as possible. I'm sure some of you are asking why I don't attend the warranting class that should be there. Frankly, I think I'm getting better instruction with Emma De Featherstone's one-on-one instruction here in Mooneschadowe, and I also would be a total fool to pass up the opportunity to teach and attend other classes at a kingdom level event in Houston. Not only is it kingdom level, but its on the other end of the frigging kingdom, I'll get a chance to see heralds I probably wont see again for another year, or more.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: