Sunday, June 1, 2008

And about Eldern XXX.

Okay, as you probably know, this past month and a half have been hell for me. And while Castellan was a blast, it didn't just erase the down sides of my life.

Their were, however, a few things that happened that helped keep me going through the thick of it. Below is one of them.


May 28th-Mooneschadowe List:

----------------------------

Would Lord Ivo please contact me off list?

Muirenn inghean Chonaill
Barony of Eldern Hills
Humility is not thinking less of you, but of you less


----------------------------

I replied about half an hour later, directly to Muirenn and then got the following.

----------------------------
Thank you for being so prompt. I need a list herald for Eldern XXX
(actually two) and again I beg a boon from you. If you can do this I
would so greatly appericate it.


Muirenn
Newly talked into being list mistress

----------------------------

Well, of course I wanted to help, but I didn't have a ride yet, so I posted to the Mooneschadowe list to see if anyone was going. I think it was the next day that I got this E-mail from Muirenn.

----------------------------

I noticed that you are trying to get a ride to Eldern. While I know
you are the most dependable Herald and Lord I have met, please do not
take time from your family to do this. My cry has been answered by
many, though I still think you are the best herald and work endlessly
for those of us in need.

----------------------------

Well, if I was going or not, thats the type of letter a man needs to lift his spirits after a bad month. I was about ready to kiss her I was so thrilled for the compliment.

However, not one to let a call for heralding go unanswered without a fight, I replied with this:

----------------------------

Muirenn,


I have secured a Ride for Saturday with JP, who will have to be there

before the lists as he is the current Champion.

I will be happy to come and help herald the lists for you.

Besides, I've never heard anyone complaining about having too many heralds, right? ;)



Ivo

-----------------------------

I think the woman was doing hand springs when she replied to that. here, judge for yourself.

----------------------------

You are so awesome!! I so wanted you to be able to do it and this way people can rest their voices.

----------------------------


Okay... so that is all taken care of, right...

nope.

I most recently met up with Murienn at Castellan.

Specifically, she was one of the louder "vivats" in the background when I got my Sable Crane.

Anyway, later on, JP (who is the current Chivalric Champion of Eldern Hills) gathered me and Muirenn up and did a quick sketch of how this year's tourney would go. At the end of the ad hoc planning session, I stopped Muirenn and asked her who was in overall charge of the list heralds.

I don't know if she hadn't thought of that before, or if she was just hesitating with her answer, but after a moment nervous fidgeting, she looked at me and said. "Would you do it?"

Nodding with a smile I told her it would be an honor. She seemed a little worried about how everything would go, but I smiled again and said " Don't worry, you will have a top notch knight managing the format, you have a good plan of how to organize the parings, and you will have a top rate team of heralds to run it all. We're going to have a blast!"

She smiled back at me and said "You are so wonderful, Ivo."

I'm not perfect, but God help me, its good to know that I am making a difference out there.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"




No comments: