Sunday, June 1, 2008

A herald's Point

Okay, some stuff from Castellan that I thought deserved its on little place here.

When I got to the event, I saw that lord Kevin had set up a table in front of the feast hall, covered it with a table cloth and a Heralds tabard, giving the herald a central, static headquarters that all heraldry, site, list and even court could be coordinated from.

I haven't had a chance to talk with Kevin about how it went, but it was good to see that type of idea put in place again at a local level. I'm really only used to seeing it at regional or kingdom level events, and only sometimes at that. I'm definitely going to talk with Kevin about how it went and what he might do differently if he were to do it again. I've been campaigning to get a herald's Pavilion acquired for Mooneschadowe for a while, but the way Kevin set his up reminded me that their are plenty of alternatives to be had.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: