Sunday, June 1, 2008

Not the only one in town!

Another quick bit of news from Castellan.

A few weeks ago I posted about how Northkeep's Talbot the Mad (he said it, not me) was stepping up to the role of local herald and with Kevin's help he was learning how to handle a court setting.

Well, let me tell you, Talbot was, from what I remember, the Baronial herald for all of Saturday at the event. And he was handling himself well with a good court presence, excellent projection, no more fumbling with big names than anyone else in the field, and diction that I can only qualify as professional in grade.

Like I've said before, I was an outsider who was welcomed to Norhtkeep and allowed to herald. This is no shame in letting someone else step up to the job, and only joy in my hear when I consider how good Talbot seems to be at it.

On another note, I also spoke with lady Adelheid, from Namron. She mentioned that she had put in for the office of Baronial herald, and from the way she was talking, she seemed a little worried that maybe she had bitten off more than she had first thought. Their was no real fear in her voice, mind you, but, she definitely was both excited and a little nervous at the prospect of getting the job. She hadn't gotten it yet, and it may still go to someone else. But none the less, she kept saying how she wasn't sure how to call a court or announce a meeting.

I gave her big pat on the back and reminded her that a healthy portion of the norther regional herald brain-trust resided in Namron. Also, I told her that she could call me and I would help her out any way I could. If she gets it, I'll be there (hopefully with a lot of other heralds) to make she she gets the training she needs. And if not, I told her that all that means is that she had a excellent chance to learn the ropes as a deputy and then take the job the next time their's an opening.

My last comment to her was "Hay, herald's watch out for their own."


Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: