Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back from Northkeep

Drove up to Northkeep Monday night and went to their populace meeting. I didn't get to herald, Kevin said they they had some stuff he wanted to do so I gladly bowed out and let him do his work.

It turns out that he wanted to read the scrolls for two locals who had not been at events to get their awards. One was a thirteen year old who already had her Rising Star. SO how do you build on a rising star with a kid?

Well when they work harder than some adults, you give them an Award of arms. I know that fact will get some people mad, but from everything I've heard, the child in question earned it with every bit the volume and quality of work that I put into my AOA, so I think she deserves it.

The second was a gentlemen who I don't know well at all, but his excellency described him as hard working, but also well traveled and rarely seen, thus making his award that much harder to get to him. But none the less, his AOA was finally handed off there as well, and both people in question returned to their seats with thunderous applause to their credit.

I heard a bunch of news from the all of the officers, most of them were generally working towards getting better places to meet for their respective practices when warmer weather set in.

In the end, it was pritty mellow, most of the really newsworthy stuff will probably be covered in the Blackfeather news.

In the end, the critical thing was that I was there, making sure everyone saw my face and saw that I was in this for the long haul. In the end, that about a third of the reason I'm there.


Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: