Monday, January 21, 2008

Something to think on.

Don Tivar Moondragon posted something to the kingdom list today that kind of got my gears turning.

"While medieval folks wouldn't have had marshals at wars (or A&S competitions either, for that matter) they certainly had people doing the same things our marshals do at tournaments and melees. (My reading suggests that they were called "heralds" but they were doing the job of the marshals, too.)"

-Tivar Moondragon

So, I guess the basic question is if I should go and get my inspecting marshal's certification. I would never consider marshaling and heralding at the same time, but the ability to walk onto a site and say to the event steward "I can list, court and site herald, as well as Marshal any of the tournaments you need help with." would be an awsome thing. And I do think of myself as at least trying to follow the standards of the late period herald in England.



Lord Ivo Blackhawk

Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"God Save the King!"

No comments: