Thursday, January 17, 2008

A first step.....

Change is always hard for me, especially when I am changing something that I have set on motion. But none the less, change was an inevitable thing that I knew I had to face.

I have been the primary 'court' and voice herald for Mooneschadowe for well over three years now, it may even be as much as four or five, but I don't remember that far back. After speaking with some other herald-type figures in the province yesterday, I really had to agree with the crux of what they were saying.

Bottom line, its time I move on. I have learned everything Mooneschadowe's populace meetings have to teach me. Its time for new people to come in and take my role so I can move on and learn more. I'm not terribly happy about the part where I have to quit heralding Mooneschadowe's pop meetings, but its the price I have to pay for pursuing my goals.

I'll still retain my deputyship, their are few in the north that can keep up with me in road heraldry, and I need to get back into list heraldry more regularly. Their used to be a time when I was as well known on the rapier field as most of the fighters, but those were different times. If I want to be like that again, Ill have to work twice as hard for about half the return...but I know its worth it.

The good news is that this will free me up in both time and responsibility to pursue other heraldic avenues. Namely court heraldry in the Baronies.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: