Thursday, January 24, 2008

Looking back a bit.

A lot of my heralding history is a bit fuzzy by now, blurred by time and the sheer volume of work I have done since then. But I still remember, fondly, my first time as a herald.

It was Mooneschsadowe's Guardian, 1998. On Sunday, the site herald turned his ankle pritty hard, and couldn't walk the site to do the morning heralds, most important;y the announcements for the Rapier tournament Not having anything in particular to do I offered to try and fill in, mostly because I didn't want to see Wulfger do any serious damage to his foot. So, I got the messages, and set to my task.

If you know me, and have heard me herald then you can probably guess what type of job I did. If you don't know me, well, let me just say I put four years of high school choir and projection training into my already rumbling base voice and got what I considered to be satisfactory results.

About a half an hour later, I walked back into the impromptu "command center" the event steward was using, only to be greeted by several people who were looking at me with relatively wide eyes and big grins. One of them said "Ivo, I think we've found you're calling in life."

And thus was Ivo the site herald born.






Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"God Save the King!"

No comments: