Sunday, February 10, 2008

Something special

Well, I'm back from Kingdom A&S, and as heralding goes, it was one of those lightweight events. Their excellencies didn't have a court, so I didn't herald for them, but I did stand up there and look imposing during the royal court.

I did, however, get to do something important. I got to read the Award of Arms scroll for Judy, known now as Lady Jutte Vanderburgh. I got to read the scroll with her kneeling before the queen, not ten feet away from me. I got to be part of one of those special moments for a person that I know and count as a friend.

(And yes, that's me in the background with the Red headpiece)

I guess in the end, thats why I play this game, and that's part of why I
love being a herald. We are the ones who do the formalities that tell
the world that "yes, yes this person did make it this far, and we are
going to make it official before God, man and all creation."

That is something special.

Lord Ivo Blackhawk
Province of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra
"God Save the King!"

No comments: